Sunday, December 5, 2010

It seems to be coming along...

Hello everybody! I am very proud to announce that we made it through the Thanksgiving holiday with out anyone overdosing on turkey and stuffing and/or football and now it is time we get back to some serious house remodeling!!! Now that we have had plenty of time to recoup from the stomach virus we all had a few weeks before and then eating enough turkey to feed Africa last week we have built our energy back up to be able to get a lot done these past few days. I was beginning to worry about the progress of things but it seems to be coming along quite nicely. Now, I can't say that it's coming along on schedule but at least it is coming along. Even if we did have a few set backs...?!? ;p I mean really, what fun is a remodel if you don't have any set backs? There were just two things and we already got them fixed so we're good for now until we have our next set of set backs. All that happened was that one of the guys had screwed a screw into the electrical wiring in the master closet after they had already finished getting it all mudded up and had to tear it all back up and knock holes in the walls to find that one screw. Oh, and all the windows I had prepped and caulked and had done and finished had to have all the caulk taken off, re-sanded and redone because somebody didn't think to take the tape off in time and razor blading them wasn't working. That's all and it really was nothing, or at least it's nothing now after it got to me for a little bit and I had my little break down, but I'm over it all now and better. It really could have been worse. We're not as far behind as it could be and it won't be very long until we can at least get our stuff unpacked and moved in out of the garage.

Now I know last time I promised pictures of the progress but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for those for me to post them. Ha, ha!!! Got you all excited, but I will share with you right now some items that I have found that I am thinking of putting in after we paint and get the floors down. Here is the candle chandelier I want to install in the entry as well as the light fixture we will replace the entry light and hallway light with (it's the squarish one in the middle).

Then I found this great 52inch flush mount satin nickel finished fan at Lowe's for only $99! I think it's quite a steal in all honesty.


Now as I believe I stated before the kitchen cabinets are finished and the final coat of sealer has been applied. This is what they look like and they are fantabulous!!! If only I had taken better before and after pictures than you could really see what a difference it made. The older varnish sealant had yellowed and the cabinets had become sticky but they aren't yellow or sticky now.

I just can't wait to get them hung back up with the new Liberty Satin Nickel cabinet Chrome II pulls and Decca knobs that we have picked out already. It really updates the cabinets and gives them that perfect little bit of a retro contemporary touch that I'm wanting to help keep the kitchen from looking like just another everyday "country-fied" kitchen.
Also Brannon had gotten Destiny's room painted just before Thanksgiving and this is the color and what it looks like on the walls. The first color she had picked was way darker than this and more of a dark teal but the room really needed a brighter color to help open it up since it doesn't have very much natural lighting. I am thinking now that maybe just maybe we should have gone with even a lighter version of this color just because it is so loud, but I think it will work just fine for now for a now thirteen year old little girl's room. And she likes it so I guess that's all that really matters. Well that is it for now until I get those other pictures taken tomorrow. Today was a long day full of nothing but painting ceilings, sanding walls and getting sand every place I can think that's imaginable and I'm hurting from head to toe and ready for bed. Tomorrow is going to be a big day of playing out back with Brannon's cousin Jack and his "Italian Hoe". Jack is digging a hole in my backyard for my birthday and I just can't help but think of how dirty that sounds. I guess it's just another one of those things no other girl but me can say she has checked off her list of things she wants for her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment